This Summer I helped plan Ashley’s wedding and thought I would write my opinion to help mothers and brides everywhere. Everything needs to be organized to the last decoration if you want to have a dream wedding. In any wedding event however, you must consider the following tips in your plans:
The number of guests
The number of invited guests is one of the primary factors that you must consider in planning a wedding. Basically, your venue for the ceremony, the wedding reception, the food to be served, the wedding souvenirs and your budget has to rely on the number of guests that you will invite. As a tip, if you want to make it simple on a limited budget, limit your guests to yours and your partner’s parents, the best man and bridesmaid, and principal sponsors. This way you can use your money for your honeymoon or for other expenses after the wedding.
The wedding ceremony venue must be reserved in advance whether you are having your wedding in a church, in a park, at the beach or at a baseball field. Be sure to check available schedules and speak to the church or venue administrator to process your reservation formally.
The wedding reception
You will need to reserve the venue for your wedding reception along with the menu that you are planning to serve. Do this personally and not through an online site or by phone. Choose a venue that will match your budget as well as reflect your overall wedding motif (is you have one). Possibly, thereception venue must be near your wedding venue so your guests will be easily ushered to the reception.
The wedding cake, flowers and souvenirs
For a limited budget, you can choose a simple wedding cake with your color motif. Flowers must be in season and must also be personally reserved as soon as possible. Souvenirs must be personalized or you can do this through DIY. The more personalized your décor and souvenirs are the more you will be able to please your guests. Check out the web for great wedding planning ideas today.
Juggling one’s career and rearing children is really a tough job. As the saying goes, “you cannot serve two masters at the same time”. However, there are a lot of career women who seem to find both responsibilities in taking duties and being a mother important that giving up one may seem to not be a viable choice. While a lot of women have found the way to juggles these things, those women who are just approaching the phase may seem to be so concerned. If you are one of those women, here are some of the ways on how you can handle having a sky rocketing career while tending your own family unit at the same time.
One thing that will really help you achieve success on the deal is to separate these two duties. One should not overpower another or should not come to overpass or overreach one from the other. This can be done successfully by allowing time for both duties. For instance, when your home, your motherly duties should start without the interference of work and vice versa. Your family should not affect your work as much as your work should not affect your family.
Build that understanding between you and your family too. The thing is, your family should understand how your work is done in order for them to also determine what to expect from you in terms of your time. You will definitely find it easy to express your concerns if your family has the right knowledge over things in the workplace.
It is said that there is no perfect rule towards succeeding in the task of juggling work and family life. A lot of people even fail in their marriages just because of the simple fact that some rules do not apply to some families. Probably, managing time and allowing communication to flow in the household would make things a whole lot easier.
If you are already experiencing problems within your household because of work, then, it may just be the right time to address the problems by first opening communication channels to your partner. You can also get an advice from a family counselor for that matter. While it can be a noble deed to juggle both career and family life, a simple hitch might come to cause the complete failure of rearing a responsible family so there has to be some steps needing to be done.
– The Mama Bee
Building a career while also building own family at the same time is such a dilemma to a lot of working moms nowadays. The truth is, these two are highly important that leaving one because of another is never an option. While one may consider working moms as superwomen, they also have that sort of kryptonite crippling them in an instant. There are things that these women are also too afraid to hear and do.
Leaving Kids in the Hands of Other People
A lot of working moms may have embraced making use of day care centers as trusty facilities. While this seems to be a very convenient option, these women also fear getting comments involving the idea of leaving kids in daycare centers. These comments may just come to be very crippling on the working moms’ side.
And another idea that a lot of working moms have come to be afraid of is that sudden phone call from the center informing a sick child. This is just too traumatizing which puts a working mom in the midst of deciding whether to answer the call or to continue with the tasks that are long overdue. This scene is without fail that common problem a lot of working women have come across and that they never would have dreamed of getting through with again.
Dealing with School Activities
Dealing with your boss and your kids and husband at home is already a very tedious task. Inserting school activities in the picture may just seem to be too heavy to bear. For most working moms, participating with school activities may seem to be bittersweet.
One of the things that working moms may find too difficult to process is the invitation for activities. Probably, one of the greatest fears of working moms is being invited to be a part of the school activity where there seems to be no escape.
Some of these activities may even be set in a not so fair time which leaves working moms crippled during the time span of waiting for the activity to start which in return cause non productiveness.
These are two of the most major things that working moms are too afraid to ever do or even hear comments about. Being in two paths at the same time may never really be possible which leaves working moms in the midst of getting haunted most of the time.
It’s a touchy subject and the debate needs more input and these ladies did a good job.
Everyone has a big dream. You may want to travel to Europe, quit your job and start your own business, give your home a makeover, go back to school, to become slimmer or to quit smoking. But oftentimes we lose focus on our dreams and become either too busy or too tired because of our daily grind. There are just too many things that demand our attention that prevent us from making our dreams into reality but this does not have to be. Here are some strategies on how you could start on your big dream:
- Prepare yourself mentally – find out what your big dream really is. Ask yourself do you really want this dream? Visualize this dream and feel the positive outcomes of your dreams. When you are able to see, smell, taste and touch your dreams you are more likely to become motivated to do anything to achieve it no matter what.
- Positive thinking works – come up with affirmation statements for your dream. By simply saying “Yes I can!” over and over again you will be able to improve the way you focus on your goals. Repeat your mantra over and over again to inspire and motivate you.
- Develop your plans – take note of even the smallest steps that you can do to be able to fulfil your goals. By writing down your plans you will be able to come up with a strategy to overcome every potential hurdle and to persevere at all cost.
- Getting unstuck – as you journey in fulfilling your dreams, you will sometimes feel that you are stuck in a hurdle and just do not know what to do next. When this happens, ask yourself what you want to do next and who could you ask for help. No man is an island, if you find yourself in the middle of not knowing whether to proceed or thinking of quitting then the best way is to listen to someone like an expert to help you move on or to make decisions.
- Create a schedule – make a schedule of what you need to accomplish in a day; include your daily routines and finally take time to list activities that you would like to do to accomplish steps to fulfil your goals. A schedule will help you focus on your chores, work and family first and then find suitable amount of time to work on your dreams.
- Let others in to your dreams – share your dreams no matter how small, how silly and how impossible it may be. By letting other people in you will be able to set expectations on how you will move forward in fulfilling your dreams. By telling your partner or spouse that you would like to go back to school, you will be able to justify that you two will have less time together in the next few months.
- Find a mentor – look for a coach, a mentor or a guru to help you with your dreams.
- Keep a record of your journey and your success – this is a journal of your plans, your day to day struggles to meet your dreams and this will also serve as the evidence of your success.
- Take the first step to your dreams – once your plans are ready then do not hesitate in taking the first step. When you have taken the initial step, plan for tomorrow’s next step, and so on!
- Adjust your plans – there is always room to improve your plans to meet your needs, goals and any kind of circumstances.